Re: need advice dealing w/insurance co.

> It doesn't sound all that bad though. I think he could get the money for a
> new car or whatever and easily fix this himself. New fender-$20 New
steering
> knuckle-$20 allignment-$40 plus the cost of new paint....might as well
> repaint the whole car.

It's pretty bad if the strut tower is bent like the original poster
mentioned.  And where are you finding MK1 fenders for $20?  Come to think of
it where are you finding Mk1 fenders?  I got a never-been-installed one (its
too ugly to call new) for $50, and I thought that was a great deal.

Ben R
138 hp '79 Scirocco 1.8 16v