Re: paint

--- Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> dale witt wrote:
>
> > I highly reccommend PPG....the red paint on my 82
> (as shown on scirocco.org)
> > was put on in 92 and it still looks good.  Five
> coats of clear and a lot of
> > wet sanding has helped.
>
> My car was also sprayed with PPG paint back in May..
> according to the paint
> shop some high quality stuff that's better than the
> standard body shop stuff.
> In my case, no clearcoat, just color sanded.  I
> still need to get it rubbed
> out one more time, but so far, lookin' good..

Tell me about it. Kevin had his 'rocco parked in my
garage ( mine was diabled and far away) and my
neighbor can up to me the next day and complemented me
on my new paint job. (mind you I have a mk1 and
kevin's is a mk2) . He said that red was awesome. I
was of course confused b/c my rocco is cirrus grey but
then one of my GTi's is red, but then that is a GTI.

Anyway Kevin's car does look awesome.

=====
mark hausler
'81 scirocco s