Re: Question about 16v F.I.

> Eric,
>
> If you have the entire "D" harness from the donor 16v, it is not that
> much work to graft in the CIS-E system.  Brian Honnold gave me quite a bit
> of info that wasn't all that hard to follow.

Yeah I have the engine wiring harness from the Scirocco 16v that john
brought me.

> And, going with CIS-E stages you to go Motronic as well, too.

True, but I LIKE CIS.  It is dead simple and dead reliable, I hate
introducing any more electronics than I have to (I know and understand
electronics just fine, its not a fear of it at all, it just breaks, thats
all there is too it)

> E-mail me and I can tell you what was necessary.  When things cool down
> at work, I want to get a FAQ/Tech Procedure for scirocco.org on doing a
> 16v swap, but I can give you info in the mean time.

Well I could certainly add to the tech proceedure with pics...let me know
what you want me to take pictures of as I do it!

> Plus, you already have the CIS-E stuff; do you have the Euro?

Yes, I have the CIS-E....but it's not pretty....weather and time has taken
it's toll on the components John sent me (we don't see throttle bodies all
rusty and ugly like this around here....).  I wouldn't mind putting in
new....yet at the same time, the only component that worries me is the
fuel distributor...(I have 4 brand new CIS-E injectors waiting to go
too)..

I just thought that the euro FI would be neat...it would work act and look
just like the CIS I took out...and NO NEW WIRING!  I kinda like that
idea....still pondering it...

I am just sooooooo damn used to CIS, I know it and love it (despite its
limitations) it has never let me down (once it came close, computer got
full of water from a pressure wash, I just shook it out and the problem
went away (this was on my way to ND a last year with the yellow rocco))

Plus, I have the euro manifold and the euro cam, why the hell not use the
euro injection....sure seems to work well in the euro cars....

Eric

80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox