Re: Differential with Bolts!

In a message dated 11/11/00 12:59:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rabbit16v@prodigy.net writes:

Hey all!

I was going through some parts at work that we should probably throw out
since we don't rebuild trannies anymore, but there was a differential with
bolts installed.  I was wondering if VW used bolts in there diffs in earlier
transaxles?  I think I remember someone saying they did but I can't remember
for sure.  Plus, is there a way to find out what this diff came out of using
the part #?  I don't have it, but I can get it.  Thanks!!

To my knowledge, they never used bolts. The early ones all had an open
differential with rivets...supposedly good rivets too. You might be able to
find out what transmissions used it by looking it up in Etka. If you want to
shoot me the part number, then I'll check it out for you. Later,

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)