Differential with Bolts!

Hey all!

I was going through some parts at work that we should probably throw out
since we don't rebuild trannies anymore, but there was a differential with
bolts installed.  I was wondering if VW used bolts in there diffs in earlier
transaxles?  I think I remember someone saying they did but I can't remember
for sure.  Plus, is there a way to find out what this diff came out of using
the part #?  I don't have it, but I can get it.  Thanks!!

Dave