Re: help- headhasket/ head re pair.

At 6:25 AM -0800 11/10/00, Ron Pieper wrote:

>-Label every vacuum line and electrical connection *as
>you remove it* with little manila file sticky labels
>(get 'em at Wal-Mart or Krogers)
>-Get a box of ziplock freezer bags and toss the nuts,
>bolts, brackets, etc. in as you remove major
>components.  Label the freezer bags.

Oh, yeah.  Lemme just chime in on these two things.  I did a fairly
decent job on labeling electricals when I put the 16v in my Rabbit
Convertible, but I can't stress enough, labeling and bagging parts.

If you think you're doing it enough, you're not.  Label EVERYTHING!!!
EVERYTHING!  The biggest time loss on my project I think was hunting
things down.  When I had labeled every bolt, the thing went back
together so smooth.
Areas I had only thrown everything in one bag?  Ugh.

Label.  Label more.

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |