Re: Driver's door replacement

--- Todd Detwiler <todd_detwiler@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jorel,
> On doors sometimes the problem is installation, if
> they don't line them up
> right, they don't look or close right. If there is
> nothing physically wrong
> with the door, you might want to see if it could
> just be hung better.
>
> Todd

I no longer have this car where the door was replaced.
You may be right about installation; however this door
was different in sound and feel. Perhaps it was
lighter, heavier or had a different guage of metal.
The impression I got, wrong or right, was it was a
cheap replacement. When I talked to the bodyshop they
said they had to use an alternative because the
insurance company would pay only so much. It was
annoying also because the bodyshop put in a new lock,
so I had to have an extra key for the door. The door I
want to replace is for the 87. There is bubbled rust
near the door handle. Bad stuff I hear.

=====
Jorel Jackson
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos