Re: Oil weight reccomendations...

Steve-

I've heard from reliable sources that wide range oil like a 15-50 W
is less stable or predictable in providing flow to the critical components
than say a 10-30W.  The 15-50W may also break-down faster since its asked to
provide for all seasons. If you are in the snow belt then you may choose a
5-30W. I don't see a need for the 15-50 that you are using unless you have a
tired engine.

Everybody has their own opinion on this topic, so if you asked 10 guys your
likely to get 11 answers!

David Guido
1981 "S"
1980