Re: SuperSprint 16v header question

At 8:51 AM -0700 11/1/00, Night Shadow wrote:
>Any of you 16v guys running the SuperSprint header?  I know it is supposed
>to be used with their resonator.  My question is, how close to a catalytic
>converter does that resonator *really* look.  Basically my emissions here
>just check to make sure it is there with a mirror (visual only).  Would a
>dumb emissions guy be able to tell the difference?

A dumb emissions guy will NOT be able to tell the difference.  I've passed
the visual inspection 4 times now with the supersprint header on my cars.
Even after the car failed the emissions test, MISERABLY, HORRIBLY, like so
bad that I couldn't possibly have had a cat, they didn't think twice about
it.  It doesn't look much like a cat, but it's in the exact right place for
one, and it's the same size.... so unless you know your 16v cars, you're
not going to think it's anything other than a strange-looking cat.