Re: an intersting statement in the ClubH2O newsletter

On Sun, 05 Nov 2000 15:22:27 -0500 Josh Able <kpa@wizvax.net> writes:
> I was readin the club H2O newsletter today, and I came across this in
> an artical about a Corrado.
>
> "Nope, this car wasn't just an upgraded Scirocco; this was VW's
> attempt at entering the "sports car" market"
>
> Now, call me crazy, but Sciroccos were compared to porshe, and VW
> had race car drivers promoting them..right?
Yeah, there was a Scirocco ad with Al Unser...

> But Iam not surpised about this statement, becouse most of the Club
> H2O members that I know (not counting the scirocco owners) havnt a clue

> that VW made a car prior to the Corrado.

The Corrado is basically an A2 Scirocco...
I remember reading about the new Scirocco III coming soon, and then when
it came, Volkswagen marketing decided to call it a Corrado and then
dropped a mint Beetle from a helicopter in their commercial.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'80, '84, '88 Scirocco rollers