Re: Scirocco VS Corrado?

KEEP IN MIND!!!  THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION!!

I would keep the Scirocco.  I work on VW for a living and, in particular,
VWs that have been, or are being modified.  After working on numerous G60s,
I have no idea why anyone would want to own one let alone take their motor
out and put a G60 in their VW.  Granted, they have a little power (and I
mean a LITTLE).  The 2.0L cross flow in it's stock form feels more powerful
than a G60 Corrado.  It is a heavy car with a small motor.  They added a
supercharger to compensate for the low power and haven't had much luck with
the setup.  I have seen 4 blown SC in the last year and once they go, you
may as well rebuild the motor to because it sends metal into your motor
(also seen it happen in the last year).  Most of the Corrado G60s that I
have seen are trashed and slow.  The nice ones are still slow.  We actually
did a stage 3 upgrade to a G60 Corrado which included a cam, small pulley,
fuel pressure regulator, chip, new supercharger (because the other one self
destructed) and after all of that, it didn't feel much faster at all and the
guy spent (with a bunch of other maintenance work) about $5000 on this
upgrade and new SC (actually rebuilt).  I don't have even close to that in
my car and I can blow the doors off of G60 all day long!!  Now, they are
semi comfortable and, if found in great condition, fairly decent cars, but
not much of a performer in my opinion.

So, Corrados are an OK car, but power wise, ease of working on, etc, I would
never pick one over a Scirocco unless someone gave it to me, then I would
sell it!!  No offense for anyone with a Corrado, there are some out there
that are very nice and are pretty quick, but you can't tell me that if it is
quick, you haven't sunk some serious money into it!!  Another thing to take
into consideration (lightly) is that VW doesn't make them anymore and didn't
make them for very long.  More than likely because people weren't satisfied
with them and the sales fell off.  Sciroccos, Jettas, Rabbits/Golfs, were
made for a long time.  I think the demise of the Scirocco was that they
started making them only 16v and sales fell off and they stopped shipping
them to the U.S.  They were made up until 92 so they were a very successful
car.  Again, JUST MY OPINION!!  Please, if you feel you need to complain  or
moan and groan about this, write an email with all your complaints and
concerns and delete it!!  Thanks!

Dave