Re: Dead car in the driveway????

Doug Teulie wrote:

> Well this has never happened to me before.
> My MK1 is stuck and will not start. This is the deal...
>
> 1) Drove the car at Buttonwilow race track in 3 auto-x sessions (got 2nd in
> 1 of the sessions and may have won the third)
> 2) Then drove home in the rain in traffic. It took about 3 hours to get home
> and it was wet. Car is working great.
> 3) Put the car in the garage and parked it for 3 days.
> 4) Try to start it and it will not run. It gets gas and I am not sure yet if
> it gets spark. The motor will
> turn with the aid of the starter but that is it.
>
> OK what should I do? Any MK1 ideas????
>
> Doug

1. Car got real hot, may have dislodged who knows what.

2. Car Rain gets into everything up under the fuel pump and Eng. bay.

3. Car now has time to sit and condense. I'd clean out the cap, the plug
wires, renew the electrical connections. Get some ElectraLube or sim
spray- the kind that not only cleans but leave behind some greasy residue.

4. Jumper the fuel relay- Get pump noise?

I gotta think you need to-

A. Dry the inside of the dist.
B. Lube the plug wires, coil connections. (At least light Vaseline)
C. Lube the electronic points box & DIS.
D. Connector on the back of the fuse box. In that order.

hth,
TBerk