Dead car in the driveway????

Well this has never happened to me before.
My MK1 is stuck and will not start. This is the deal...

1) Drove the car at Buttonwilow race track in 3 auto-x sessions (got 2nd in
1 of the sessions and may have won the third)
2) Then drove home in the rain in traffic. It took about 3 hours to get home
and it was wet. Car is working great.
3) Put the car in the garage and parked it for 3 days.
4) Try to start it and it will not run. It gets gas and I am not sure yet if
it gets spark. The motor will
turn with the aid of the starter but that is it.

OK what should I do? Any MK1 ideas????

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red Scirocco "S"