RE: Re: tranny probs.

Be really, really careful with VW drain/fill plugs. I have f'ed up two of
them--because someone must have installed them too tightly (they weren't
cross threaded).

They are soft plugs and can easily deform. Then, getting them out can be a
real chore. It took me many hours to get one out with the tranny was
installed in the car. I had to basically "cut" it out with little Dremel
bits without damaging the tranny's threads. It was such a pain in the butt!
I had to work with a surgeon's precision while laying under my car!

So, please learn from my pain and don't install the things too tightly. I
don't actually know if there's a torque spec for them or not.

If they aren't in their too tightly, the 17mm hex or vice grips will work
fine.

--Theron