Re: Re: tranny probs.

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000 17:32:52 -0500 "RoccoPhil" <roccophil@mindspring.com>
writes:
> > 2.1 quarts according to bently.  You also need a 17mm
> > allen key to open the drain/fill plugs
>

> Or a really good set of vice grips set on the outside of the plug.
>
> -PK

Clamp the ViseGrip on a lug bolt instead, or break down and buy the right
tool.

I use 2 quarts of Redline MTL.
I don't think .1 quarts is going to make a difference, and 2 quarts seem
to fill it to the top of the bottom threads.
I take the front driver's side wheel, drain it, let it sit there and
drain for a while, re-install the drain plug, and pour the Redline
through a funnel with a hose, that I hang on the front spring.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'80, '84, '88 Scirocco rollers