Re: Steering Rack Boot questions

>From: "'84 Scirocco" <scirocco@macslut.org>

>well i was the original poster, and that's what I wanted to know.  I DID
>replace the boot and want to know if there is anything further I can do now
>to prevent bad things :-)

Is this power steering? You said you had a leak, that's why I'm thinking
power steering.

I don't have much experience with power steering, but if I had a torn boot
I'd try to clean out as much of the dirt/ grime that was stuck in the
grease, before I put the new boot on. New grease, of course. Id also look
into flushing the power steering fluid out and refilling with quality stuff.

Seems to me that the damage is done by the grime that gets in there when the
boot is torn, so every step should be taken to make sure that it is all
clean when you are done. Theoretically no further damage would be done.

Jonas

http://profiles.msn.com.