Re: No start! Need advice.

>From: "S.Coleman" <deadbolt@mindspring.com>
>I notice the firing order on this car is 1,2,3,4 clockwise.  I thought they
>were 1,3,4,2,
>counter-clockwise?

Firing order is 1,3,4,2 clockwise. If the distributor was installed
correctly then 1 is closest to the block. To make sure, pop off the cap, and
set the car to TDC using the 19mm bolt on the crank pulley and checking for
TDC using the flywheel. Once it is at TDC, the rotor should be roughly
pointing right at the block.

The *pop* you heard was indeed backfire into the airbox. Started in a
cylinder that got spark while the intake valve was open.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
78 Scirocco 1.8