Re: WTB: "K" bar! (lower front tie bar)

I have the same "K bar" question.  I have a stock 16v bar to mount on my 84
scirocco and I can't see where the diagonal pieces mount..  Is the frame a
slightly different shape there on 16v's to make a place to mount these arms?
  Has anyone put one on an 8v that would know how this is done?

I have another situation.. I got the front swaybar from a 16v as well to
replace the one on my 84, and as far as I can tell, they are identical.
This leads me to believe one of three things:  1--The stock front swaybars
on 8v's and 16v's are identical (I don't think this is the case because I
have heard from several places that it is an upgrade.), 2--one of the PO's
already upgraded the front swaybar to a 16v bar, or 3--the guy who sold me
the swaybar ripped me off and sold me an 8v bar.

If anyone has any input on this, I would definitely help.

thanks a lot, listies..

andy

'84  8v Scirocco

http://profiles.msn.com.