Re: compression test done

Glad you liked the seats. The rear one will work but you have to bolt down
thee center. Alas, the upper rear portion will not clip in as the stock ones
do but if you bolt the center in it will match and work fine.

As far as the noise; did yu replace the flexpipe? What about all those
plugged manifold outlets? Do you use the same manifold for the turbo? just a
different downpipe? did you align the exhaust manifold gaskets properly when
you installed everything? Sorry, I know these are stupid questions but
everyonee overlooks something once in a while.

BTW, I got a look at that turbo. Its from a 924. It has been completely
rebuilt. KKK is the manufacturer and its even bigger than that Peugot one I
showed you. Totally different bolt pattern too. If you wanna come by
tomorrow you can look at it and I can turn the scope on and see if yu have
any exhaust leaks.

>Ok, well i did a compression check, on avg. all cylinders were running at
>155 or so.  chris mentioned that the sound might be coming from the flex
>pipe.. so i unbolted the flex pipe, but the noise is still there. really
>odd. we think it might be the cam. like making the valves opening too long
>or something or both valves opening at the same time.. i might go get a
>260/268 cam, well might as well since everything is taken apart. i was
>thinking about putting my 1.6 cam in there to see if the noise was gone..
>but i was like.. acck. if it is the cam.. then i gotta take it out again
>and
>put the better cam in. *sigh*
>
>btw: chris. those seats are pretty cool, besides me needing to swap the
>seat
>belts over. too bad the back seats didn't fit.
>
>Wing Gee
>http://www.turborocco.com (just about there)
>80' Turbo Scirocco
>
>--