Re: [non] vw awd's

Here's my $0.02, My Dad has a non-turbo Quattro the engine is a 2223cc five
cylinder 10v, the problem with putting this drivetrain into a VW is the
fact that the engine is mounted Longitudinal and the Engines in our Roccos,
Rabbits/Golfs and Jettas are Transverse. If you want Four wheel drive then
the Golf Rallye is the best bet, Supercharged 4x4 in an A2 Chassis.
As I understand it the Differential locks on the Quattro have 3 settings:
1=off, 2=Middle Diff Locked, 3= Front & Rear Locked.

Just my Opinion, Flame away!!

Adam
'86 1600GT
http://www.geocities.com/xtra_15mb/