Re: [non] vw awd's

The VW syncro system is just a rebadged version of the audi 1st generation
quattro system. this was found in the passat/quantum & golf/jetta syncro
models. It's basically quite a simple system with what is basically three
standard differentials which can be mechanically locked. AFAIK you could
only lock one at a time, tho' I may be wrong on that.
4motion is again the same as the current audi quattro system, which is made
by Haldex. It is much more complicated and I think uses a computer
controlled wet-clutch system to control distribution of drive.

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8