Re: Clutch go boom?

"Chris DeLong" <green536@hotmail.com> writes:
> While you have the green cap off the end of the tranny you should
> carefully inspect the finger that pushes on the T.O. bearing. These
have a
> tendency to crack and then they change position and no longer release
the clutch disk.
> Check this before you pull the tranny out. HTH

Always... That's great advice Chris.
That's the first thing I check and hope for, when I lose a clutch... 8^)

They are known for breaking, somebody should make a heavy duty release
bearing activator arm.
Does one exist? Maybe VW Motorsport.
There is plenty of room for a beefed up one, and I think it's a great
idea. It's a pain to peel the old green cap, and pressing one in, when
the trans is in the car.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L