Re: [ot] Greetings

>Howdy listers, I just wanted to introduce myself, as I am about to purchase
>an (?)88 Scirocco 16V.  My name is Ryan, and I've been a dub-aholic for
>several years now.  I currently drive a Corrado SLC, somewhat tuned, and am
>going to pick up the 'roc for a daily driver/license saver.

Good luck saving your license? :-)  Until the Corrado SLC came along
in 1992, the Scirocco 16v was the fastest stock dub you could get. :)
The VR6 cars were the first to best the Scirocco's performance.  Tune
the crap out of a roc and you've got a pocket sized V8 ass-kicker. :)
Especially true of the lighter Mk1 models, but your Mk2 16v will do
in a pinch. ;]

> As best I can
>tell, it's bone stock.  I'm not sure of the mileage, the body looked pretty
>good, as did the interior.  I'm not too concerned as to the condition, as I
>am picking it up from a friend, and I have a 'spare' car if it doesn't run
>so well.  As long as it attracts less attention from the cops than my red,
>loud Corrado, I'm happy (as is my license)!

What color is it?  Red is just as noticable on the rocco as it is
on the rado.  I think the Flash Silver is the best stealth color, followed
by Alpine White, then (?) black, then Tornado Red.

> Hopefully, it won't bring me to Shine too often, too.

You live by SRS?  Like their work?  We've debated their approach
to suspension tuning several times in the past.

> Anyhoo, I'm sure I'll be looking for parts and stuff
>like that in the future, since I'm not much of a 'stock' kind of guy.

The usual question...how fast do you want to go? :)  Bolt ons only get
you so far with the 16v engine.  Like the VR6, it's quite tuned right
out of box, and serious improvements can get seriously expensive.

> If
>anyone has any suggestions on what to change in terms of PM, I'd be welcome
>to it (plugs, wires, timing belt etc).

Yes.

Cap, rotor, correct plugs (Bosch copper triples or NGK triples), wires,
fuel filter, timing belt and tensioner, air filter. Maybe the O2 sensor,
etc...

> Private replies are great for a
>newbie question like that.  :-)  Best Regards,

Naw, we love on topic posts, don't we. :-}

>Ryan

==Brett