Caster problem.... Help.

Lists,
	My scirocco has a caster problem. The drivers side strut
appears to have about 2 degrees or so of too much caster which is
pushing the drivers side wheel forward and causing it to track first.
The control arms are both fine and not bent, and the upper strut
bearings are poly units. You can even visually see it by looking at
the "hat" that goes over the strut bearing... it sits very unevenly
with the wheels straight ahead on the drivers side with the back
about 1mm away from contacting the plate, and the front way up
as compare to the even passenger side. The next and last thing im
trying is to swap struts from the passenger side to the drivers side
and so forth. If the problem moves to the passenger side of the car
then I will assume the strut or strut housing is bad and start pulling
it apart.... if not wtf do I go from here? Has anyone else had this
problem? It's a 86 16v car by the way, and the front subframe bolts
up with no problems so I'm assuming the unibody isn't hosed......
Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
 Gary Huff