Re: [OT] What ever happend to Chris Taylor?

On Mon, 29 May 2000 23:51:39 -0400 Brett Van Sprewenburg
<brett@netacc.net> writes:

>Picked this up off the A2-GTI 16v list...there are probably only a
>handful of us here that will remember Chris (and his fat mouth,
>black 16v Scirocco wanna be G60 and then a Corrado G60 turned VR6 at
>EIP of all places) and you know who you are.
>
>But hey, this is real life for ya.
>
>==Brett
>snip
>>last wednesday morning, one of my best friends, Chris Taylor, was
>>killed........-snip-

I know that alot of you are thinking that im throwing a party over
hearing this news. Fact of the matter is, im not. Furthermore, im greatly
disturbed to hear that such a young kid has had his life cut so short. I
really didnt like the guy one bit but, he didnt deserve this.

Chris and I had more than our share of differences (Public and private!)
in the past. Time heals all wounds and between then and now, ive read
some of his posts on the VWNG and in other places and learned that he has
matured alot since his days of ranting about his projects over and over
again. He would start a flame war now and then in the VWNG but that just
seemed to be his style.

Many of you probably don't know that I started my own mailing list (VW
TECH) a while ago which isn't important here except that I thought it was
extremely ironic that he subscribed to it! I don't think he even posted a
single message which, for Chris, is amazing since he thrived on the
attention.

Anyways, my condolences go to his family. What an incredible shame.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"