Re: Replacing motormounts and oddities.

EMFalstaf@aol.com writes:

> Well I just got my motor mounts in from techtonics and went to work
> putting them in.  I got the front rubber bushing in and when I went to
the
> left side of the engine it looked like I needed to remove the lower
cover near
> the timing belt.  Is this correct or is there an easier way to get to
it
> without removing all that crap?
You have to remove all that crap to do the passenger side (right) engine
mount.
This is a real good time to do your T belt and tensioner.
If you don't feel like doing it, I have a small shop behind my house,
about an hour north of Baltimore.

> Also with my tachometer that only works intermitantly I noticed it
> only works when it is cold out. What the hell would cause that?
I'm not sure, but I have a cluster that you could swap in, to see if the
problem goes away.

If you want to talk shop, you might want to consider joining the caravan
to CINCY this Friday. "doug c." <scirocco16v@europe.com is coming up from
Baltimore and joining the caravan.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car