Re: What's your Back Up Mobile? was: Um What happened to thelist?

>Scirocco content-
>
>My back up car is a Rabbit (Down with bad M/C), and today installed an
>outer CV in the Jetta (which if I can get the thing done goes to the ex
>wife).
>
>I kind of like having a different car than my Mk1, in the future it
>might be a Mk2. 8P
>
>What does everybody else have as a backup car?
>
>TBerk

I've had a backup Scirocco since I bought my 88 16v in 1992.  Couldn't
afford one before that, but I _knew_ that someday I'd have an award
winning show car built up from that 88...and for 4+ years I had several
MK1's as back up / winter rides.  For the last four years I've had
my 85 Mk2 as a back up / winter / stuff hauler.  That's probably the
last Mk2 back up I'll have for a while though.  A little while ago,
we got a 2000 1.8t Passat Wagon, so our 1992 2L 16v Passat was passed
to me as a 2nd / backup car.  It's really quite a step up from a well
used 1985 Scirocco let me tell ya.  Ample room for my two kids in
the back, and far easier access with the four doors.  The only
thing I miss is the removable rear deck like the Scirocco which
allows for some really LUDRICRIS loads in the roc. :)

To add to this thread, what's some of the craziest things you've
loaded into your Scirocco?  I think mine is a massive outdoor
plastic kids play house with towers, tunnels, door, slides, etc.
Is it cheating if I strapped things to the roof and actually
made two trips? :)

Or is this a total waste of bandwidth finding out a little bit more
about each other?

==Brett