Re: Best gear box

>Hallo ,  we do a lot of 0-60 and quarter miles racing , i'd like to
>ask what is the best gear box that can used with the 2.0L 16V to get
>the fastest times either from 0-60 or quarter miles ? Some say to
>use the 8V 7G code gear box ......
>
>Ayham Idrees

There's a gear box analyzer on scirocco.org...click the 'gears' at the
bottom of the front page.  I think you'd want a final drive of at least
3.89, probably 3.94 final drive.  Some diesels could be had with a 4.25.
the only issue with this is that it might result it too many gear changes,
so it's a balance...like all things having to do with tuning a car.

I guess IMHO, I'd go with a 3.94 for best possible acceleration in
the quarter...I'll be putting one in myself in the near future.

And if you're going to continue street driving the car, you might also
want to consider switching to a lower numerical 5th gear...like a .75
with a 3.94ish FD or a .71 with a 4.25.  Will keep your highway revs
out of the clouds. :)

If I had thought it totally though, I probably would have done a 3.94
final drive before my 2L, or at the same time, as it probably adds
as much 'kick-in-the-ass' acceleration as a stock 1.8L to stock 2L 16v
conversion.  Seriously.  Something to consider anyway.

later!

==Brett