Re: MKI interior rear brake lines

Kareem <6keb1@qlink.queensu.ca> writes:
> On Sat, 27 May 2000 thescirocco@juno.com wrote:
> > Hmmm, that's good information...
> >
> > I wonder if they will still honor that recall, since my '79 has
> the internal rear brake lines.
> > Peter
>
> Yeah, maybe they'll replace the rusted-out floor due to
> the poor design of the lines as well for free...Oh wait,
> no more Mk1 floor pans in the parts bin...Damn! :-)
>
> Kareem
> '81 Scirocco S
> '88 Scirocco 16v

There is no rust on this floor, my '79 came via Reno Nevada.

They are still doing Scirocco 16V tanks and A2 heater cores for free, so
it's a possibility...

I'm installing 16V Scirocco brakes, with the 22 mm cylinder, booster, and
pedal assy. and I have to do some brake line plumbing anyway.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L
'83 GTI