Re: exhaust/downpipes/manifolds????

>Ok, I really don't know squat about this stuff, but I'm trying.  Ive got an
>84 8v pretty much stock, and I'm looking to add some cool stuff.  I've been
>reading and reading, and have decided that a good performance exhaust would
>be a good place to add some power to start with.

You are on the right track here.

> Now, correct me if I'm
>wrong, but for the full exhaust system wouldn't I need a dual-outlet exhaust
>manifold, a dual-oulet downpipe, and then a nice sport-tuned exhaust (like
>techtonics)?

Yes, this is the preferred setup.  The only thing that might make more
power is a header, but longevity is a risk with the header.

> What would I be looking at in terms of added hp/torque (if
>any??)

With nothing else, in the neighborhood of 5-10.  But when you've got
90 (at best) to start with, 5 is almost 6%, and 10hp is over 10%.

> Also, what would a system like this cost me, used parts are all
>right... (at least for the manifold and downpipe...) IS this mod worth it?

Probably around $350 for a nice 2 inch TT aluminized system with DP and
used manifold.  This is mostly a guess on my part, but contact a parts
vender for more exact pricing.  If you are trying to add performance,
then it's worth it.  You answer this question...is it worth it to you.

>should I be looking somewhere else first?  Anybody got this stuff they would
>sell me??  Thanks very much, This list is awesome.

This is a good place to start, with a 8v like yours, I'd follow up
with some intake work...add an A2 style tbody and port match the manifold
to the tbody.  Throw in a K&N meanwhile.  Then add a 268ish cam.  I am
pretty sure that this relatively small amount of work will get you
up into the 105ish-110ish hp range.  Not bad for roughly a 20% increase
over stock.  Oh, I think I also remember reading that Techtonics
discovered that advancing the timing to 12 degrees BTDC instead of
6 was worth a free 5 hp. Anyone else confirm that?

>sean
>Sean@porterworks.com

later!

==Brett