Re: Need Help With Stereo Wiring!!

> I finally got a stereo to put into the roc I just bought but I've run
> into a problem already. The P.O. didn't label any of the wires. I looked
> at the wires for the front speakers and they were blue and blue with a
> white stripe. But in the console I could only find one of the white
> striped ones. The other 3 weren't there. The only wires that I can
> identify are the rear speaker wires. Any help with this would be greatly
> appreciated.

  for some reason (perhaps the radio was stolen) many of the previous
owners seemed to cut the wires as far back as they can. this was the
case in my '86 and '85. perhaps the p.o. felt the only solution was to
wires extensions on. each wire should be there, but you might have to
take the center console out to get to 'em. from now on, whenever i see a
wiring harness from a vw that has one still intact, i try to cut it as
far back as possible to make sure i have enough wiring. i might have a
wiring harness somwhere at home if you'd like me to check.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com