Re: New 78 rocco....very strange!@

At 10:28 AM 05/26/2000 -0400, S.Coleman wrote:
>Ok,..going through the "new to me" 78 Rocco, this is what I find.  More rust
>than I thought, 1.6 motor is car, (isn't this suppose to be a 1.5?), 4 spd
>tranny, (never owned one of these before), lots of leaks,(very dirty and
>oily in the ole' engine bay, .....and the rear brake lines.  Someone riddle
>me this,......are the brake lines for the rear drums suppose to run through
>the fire, under each front seat, then back out the metal by the rear seat?
>I have never seen such a deal in all my life!  There is just no way this is
>"factory",

Congrats on the car.  As for this deal, I would say it IS factory.  I had,
way back, a '77 rabbit and it had the exact same set up.  I don't recall my
'79 having it, so they obviously changed at some point.  But it does appear
 that this was a normal setup.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
Later this year:
'75 wife and her
'98 Neon R/T