Success! Kinda.... (long and boring)

I am getting ready to go pick up my car from the
shop... professional alignment doncha know.

Scenario - I thought my MC was shot, and was expecting
to pay ~105-$110 for a new one (Has anyone heard from
potterman in the last week?).  Plus 200 in other
parts.

I decided to play around with my 1-man brake bleeder
(those things rock) since I would have to drain the
fluid anyways to replace the MC.  Started sucking, and
after a lot of air that wasn't there before, dark
brown fluid starts coming through the line.  I think
to meself, "WTF?!?"  It should be a nice golden color,
since I just flushed the system last month, and it
hasn't been driven.

Then it turns the golden color (1/2pt later).  I go to
the other rear wheel, same deal.  What I thought I was
sucking out in the initial brake bleed was the newer
stuff from a repair job 6 mo's ago - I didn't actually
get the fresh stuff.

Jump in the car, pump the pedal for a whileto
pressurize the system, it stiffens up.  WOO HOO!!!
Turn on the car (after a jumpstart) still stiff...
drive around the neighborhood, still stiff!  By this
time, with the thought of saving over $100 the brakes
aren't the only stiffness in the car!

So - now it sits in the shop awaiting an alignment.
They are earning my $50, cuz one wheel is off-camber
BAD (like 10deg) and the other is all toed to hell.
Yah, yah, shoulda done it better, but he has a lift,
and I will have to cough up the $50 anyways
eventually.  I rode new tires in the back and the
winter 13" in the front, so I have no idea how the new
pirelli's feel.  With the state of the alignment I
didn't want to risk the new rubber, even for 3 miles.

So - that's my story.  Not necessarily a good story,
but a damn happy one for me.

I got some pwr/htd mirrors that I need to strip the
shitty repaint off (I think the dude used model paint
- drips all over the place) then paint em myself, then
replace mine.  I also got some new door panels coming
in.  Hopefully better condition than mine.  I might
have some parts for sale soon - including a Good cond.
MKI steering wheel, Excellent MKII non-leather wheel,
and some odds and ends (2 scirocco st.whl
centercaps).... gotta clear some of this crap out of
the garage.

Thanks for listening

=====
Mark