RE: Quick Question

<snip Christopher>
I was just curious as to how you remove the bumper
covers from the car
<end Christopher>

I've not actually removed a bumper cover, but I've bolted a broken one back
on (relax, it was a temporary thing).  I believe you'll have to remove the
bumper from the car.  After doing so, you'll see some male clips that are
molded into the bumper cover that snap into place on the steel bumper (we
are talking US spec here, yes?  I hope so, because I am).  You'll have to
work those clips out of the hole they're secured in by squeezing the clips
together and pulling the cover away from the bumper.  The eight clips are
pretty close together across the bumper, so backing one out while the one
next to it is seated will be difficult.  Take your time since the clips will
break, can't be fixed (at least I couldn't figure out how), and your cover
will be loose if you break the wrong ones.  HTH.

-Brad
'86.5 Scirocco 16V
'76 International Scout II
'86 Yamaha Radian (RIP)
'89 Yamaha FZR600
home.earthlink.net/~bgsterling/garage.htm

.