From: <Goethfaust@aol.com>

Subject: Re: 16v engine noise/lower t-belt cover

In a message dated 05/23/2000 7:49:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
greichelt@mmcable.com writes:

<< Have you checked the condition of the water pump pulley (the expensive
 double one w/slip bearing)? I assume you still have factory air? I had the
 same noise/problem that got progressively worse until I finally found the
 cause. Got one from Potterman ($60+ship) and solved the problem. Potterman
 can also fix you up with a pulley setup that eliminates that pulley but I
 think the cost was around $100.
    Gerry >>

actually, I dont' have a/c anymore.  the inner pulleys go from the crank,
water pump, and alt.  the outer set goes to water pump, crank and power
steering.  How does this other pulley set work?  Does it use only one belt?

Greg F.