Re: Happy just be here sir

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 10:59:58AM -0700, Craig Williams wrote:
> Aarrgg!
>
> That's a horrible story. I kept asking at the show where you were, and no
> one knew. I wasn't hanging with everyone on Saturday night so I never had
> the chance to meet you. Sorry. You're still the man for making that long
> trip out alone.
>
> How did no other Scirocco owners not notice your car in the lot with two
> slashed tires?

I wasn't in a lot, I was parked on the street over in another part of San
Jose, about 9 miles from the MIlpitas place the rest of the gang was
staying at.

Happy "end" to this sad tale, the PD was just over here - they caught the
guy, some 17 year old punk-ass, they asked if I had reciepts for the
replacement tires, I sure did, so they asked for a copy of those (already
had one, I was thinking ahead for a change.), the nice police officer then
complimented my car, primer spots and all. :-)

I leave for Stone Mountain, GA tomorrow, taking the southern route, down
tot he 5, then atch CA-58 in Bakersfield, which gets I-40 in Barstow, then
all the way across on 40 to Nashville, where I catch I-24, then 75, and
I'm home.  I have to be at work Saturday at 6pm, and if I pull into work
from the trip at 5:55pm, that wouldn't bug me a bit. :-)

approx. 2700 miles, so far..

-Pat