Re: Suzuki swift turbo

Scott Williams wrote:

> I think that it is obvious that the Golf was extensively modified.
> There's no way that a Seat Ibiza with a G60 or an M3(!) should be smoked
> by a 134hp Golf. Excepting a huge difference in driver skill, the power
> to weight ratios involved make that an impossible situation.
>
> I'll bet that he's running nitrous, or lotsa engine work.

Either that, or he's running a really numerically high final drive. Like
something in the 5's to be able to walk away from an M3.  (Yes, they are
available......) That is the cheapest way to have a car that eats gas
and goes fast, is to get a 5.0l mustang and jam a really numerically
high geared rear end in it....

> "Ayham Eid Idrees ." wrote:
>
> > Hallo all , a freind of mine has a 1990 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16V Gti ,
> > who did a turbo conversion , and openning up to 10psi . I got to tell
> > you it's really fast , it weights so mush less than the scirocco or
> > golf , it wieghts only 600Kkgms , it did the 0-60 in 6.6 seconds . So
> > a guy with a VW Golf GTi 2.0L 16v challenged him ,  the guy said that
> > the golf has got only one modification which is cam shafts , so they
> > did race and we expected my freind to throw that Golf miles behind him
> > , because i have dirven the Suzuki and also know what is the 2.0L 16V
> > , it's fast i know but not as the Suzuki one . And the result was
> > shocking , the Golf passed the Suzuki in a little , theGolf even
> > didn't spin , it just did go . And after that came a guy with a Seat
> > Ibiza with a corrado G60 engine , and also the Golf threw him in the
> > dust , and then came a BMW E30 M3 195 BHP , and also the Golf passed
> > it .
> > What could be in the Golf , it sounds so standard , no air charging ,
> > nothing special in it because i can guess if the VW engine is modifeid
> > or not , the Golf even used the 16V gear box ...... I'm still
> > wondering since yesterday ............
> > I was planning to do the 16V conversion since a while , but i think
> > after what i saw yesterday I'm gonna look for a 16V engine at the
> > junkyard .
> >
> > Ayham Idrees
> > www.scirocco2.de/ayham.htm
>
> --
> Scott F. Williams
> NJ Scirocco nut
> SCCA ProRally driver
> Hotrod Rabbit GTi
>
> Check out our rally team's website!
> http://www.usrallyteam.com

Gary A. Huff scirocco86@home.com
86.5 16v Scirocco "Red Rocket" (120k miles)
80 Gas Rabbit Pickup; grazing the driveway. (Needs strut tower welding
and
title, 50k original miles)