Suzuki swift turbo

Hallo all , a freind of mine has a 1990 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16V Gti , who did a turbo conversion , and openning up to 10psi . I got to tell you it's really fast , it weights so mush less than the scirocco or golf , it wieghts only 600Kkgms , it did the 0-60 in 6.6 seconds . So a guy with a VW Golf GTi 2.0L 16v challenged him ,  the guy said that the golf has got only one modification which is cam shafts , so they did race and we expected my freind to throw that Golf miles behind him , because i have dirven the Suzuki and also know what is the 2.0L 16V , it's fast i know but not as the Suzuki one . And the result was shocking , the Golf passed the Suzuki in a little , theGolf even didn't spin , it just did go . And after that came a guy with a Seat Ibiza with a corrado G60 engine , and also the Golf threw him in the dust , and then came a BMW E30 M3 195 BHP , and also the Golf passed it .
What could be in the Golf , it sounds so standard , no air charging , nothing special in it because i can guess if the VW engine is modifeid or not , the Golf even used the 16V gear box ...... I'm still wondering since yesterday ............
I was planning to do the 16V conversion since a while , but i think after what i saw yesterday I'm gonna look for a 16V engine at the junkyard .

Ayham Idrees
www.scirocco2.de/ayham.htm