Re: More tranny trouble part 2

 >Sounds suspiciously like your ring gear machined a hole in your case
giving
>you one of VW's high tech self-wetting clutches :)   Unfortunately, the
only
>way to be sure is to pull it out.  If the oil comes out as fast as you put
it
>in, that's most likely it.
>Good luck.
>It could also be any of the seals inside around the input shaft or the
>release rod, but those are usually slow steady leaks.

I've had a ring gear punch a nice hole in a trans before... this isnt it. No
holes as far as we can tell. Tranny is coming out tomorrow for further
inspection... still, what a PITA... NO WHEELS!!! the b/f is driving my 67
beetle and it threw a rod on him.  "honey, you have to check the oil once in
a while, you know..."

Marie