Re: MK1 Drag results are in(kinda long)

In a message dated 05/17/2000 1:54:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
 >rear jacked up one inch from lowered with custom lower shock mounts

 Why? Jacking up the rear will raise the center of mass, and increase weight
 transfer to the rear wheels upon launch. This is desirable with rear wheel
 drive cars (which is why you see it so often with mustangs and camaros) but
 horribly undesirable with front wheel drive, as the drive wheels get less
 traction.

FWIW, not making any judgements on the mod, raising the rear wheels will not
transfer weight to the rear, at launch, or any other time.  Raising the cars
center of gravity doesnt' affect it as much when you're going in a straight
line. It may suck for autox however.  As far as I can figure, mustangs and
camaro's are jacked at the rear for looks only.  I've never seen many pro
drag cars jacked in the rear unless it's to accomodate the slicks.  At least
is my understanding.  Please feel free to correct me if you feel I'm wrong.

 Not to mention that your car will not take corners as well. >>