Re: MK1 Drag results are in(kinda long)

>From: UrGTI@aol.com

>OK here is the lowdown on my car and mods to achive 14.2 qtr .

that sounds awesome, but I have one question.

>rear jacked up one inch from lowered with custom lower shock mounts

Why? Jacking up the rear will raise the center of mass, and increase weight
transfer to the rear wheels upon launch. This is desirable with rear wheel
drive cars (which is why you see it so often with mustangs and camaros) but
horribly undesirable with front wheel drive, as the drive wheels get less
traction.

Not to mention that your car will not take corners as well.

Is there some aerodynamic reason that I'm missing?

Anyway, congrats on building a low-cost/great-fun speed rocket.

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
For direct reply: jonas@metabolex.com
http://www.geocities.com/scirocco2l8v