Re: Cleaning Carbon from Pistons

On Wed, 17 May 2000 00:40:05 PDT "Chris DeLong" <green536@hotmail.com>
writes:

>So you would use a wire wheel on a piston? This is pretty scary Shawn.

Absolutely! Only on the top of the poston. It takes the carbon right off
the top of the piston.

>I would NEVER use a wire
>wheel on a piston. Soak it in very toxic, noxious carb clean and break
>a used ring in half and grind a point on it to scrape the carbon from
>the ring grooves. This works well.

I would never soak a piston in something toxic. Instead, id use the
proper tool and use a piston ring groove cleaner and do it right.

>Just remember to use a rag or something on your
>thumb when you do this or you will be angry at your thumb for awhile.
>HTH

Hmm, you get mad at your thumb when YOU do something stupid?? I guess
thats how you deal with alot of self anger. Blame a body part. Hey,
whatever works for you dude!
Theres nothing like replying to a 30+ day old thread and uh, see ya at
the show.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!