I cant get my caliper back on!!!!

sorry for all of the questions today, I am away from my bently...

I am trying to reinstall my rotor (solid) and caliper after replacing a
halfshaft, and I have run into a problem. it appears that I dont have enough
clearance between the rotor and spindle. I can get the pads on either side of
the rotor, but the bolt holes are not lining up with the holes on the
spindle. so instead of being _-      it is --

I dont know if that made sense to anyone, but if it did, please help