the good, the bad, and the ugly

  decided to post some information i have. first, the good news. daun
recently sold me an '85 (tuesday, may 16th, at approximately 1:20p est)
which will need a little work to be on the road, but it'll mark my
second scirocco. the bad, i also know of a red (mars red?) '84 which is
looking for a home. power windows, leather(ette) seats, sunroof. it was
going last november for $1800 in prime condition. it back at the lot now
for $800 after having moderate-to-heavy rocker panel damage on the
passengers side, the sunroof only slides back, neither the hatch nor the
hood close, needs a new clutch, and one of the power mirrors doesn't
work. we offered $300 for it but the guy laughed. at least my new '85
was in about the same shape. which brings us to the third part, the
ugly. my '85 is certainly not a beauty. daily driver by every means.
nice dark charcoal (almost black) colour which is beautiful (at least
where the clearcoat is). it's sporting the wheels i asked y'all about a
while back but the hood looks likes it's been buckled and the clutch
needs repaired. it's second on my list to be beautified (after my '86
8v) and then i'll have to decide which to drive and when. i feel myself
slowly slipping away into the scirocco void.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com