From: andreb@ee.washington.edu at internet-eni
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2000 11:56 AM
To: Leach, Michael [ENI/ROC]; andreb@maxwell.ee.washington.edu at
internet-eni
Subject: RE: eurolight wiring

MLeach@enipower.com wrote:

> when I power the high beam connection the high beam only comes on

    You mean the highbeam only on the H4?  Or are you talking both high
beam filaments?

> when I power the low beam the low beam only comes on
> but when I power both high and low connections the low comes on and the
high
> comes on dim

    How are you powering both?  External switch?  Holding the flasher
stalk back?

> what I want is when the high beams come on for both high and low to turn
on
> fully

    If you are having wiring problems and the lights arent behaving as
they should be, then check to make sure the order on the H4 is correct.
Looking into the connector, with the wires running away from you, left
is high, top is low, and right is ground.

> is the high beam connection on the low beam necessary or can I just leave
it
> with no connection?

    If you leave it with no connection you will be out without an inner
highbeam.  When I wired up my relays, I used 4 relays, one for each
circuit.  Rather than running (as they do on on the stock wiring) a wire
from the H4 low to the H1 high (or perhaps H3 in your case) I ran 2
output wires from the highbeam relay to each individual highbeam
filament.  Perhaps that is what you need to do.

> and then just control then low realy with both the high and low signals
from
> the switch

    How have you wired it up so far?

> man this relaying thing turned out to be a little more annoying than I
> thought

    Once you have wired up relays a few times, it becomes a piece of
cake  =)  Ask Tim Ebling, Jared Erlandson, or Shannon Fenton... er okay,
so maybe not Shannon  =)

  BTW, there is a way to get your low beams to come on with your
highbeams... if you like that sorta thing.  =p  All you need to do is
put a jumper between to wires on the wiring harness that goes to the
flasher stalk on the steering column.  The wires to jumper are 56
(wht/blk) with 56b (yel).  Wire 56 is the wire that gives power to the
flasher stalk when the headlights are on.  Wire 56b is the wire that
powers both low beams.

  André Bjorkheim
  Lime Green 79 Scirocco c
  http://idt.net/~volkswgn/profile/pro3.html