eurolight wiring

well here is my question on the low beams there are three connections
low high and ground
with the high signal being jumpered over to the high beam also

when I power the high beam connection the high beam only comes on

when I power the low beam the low beam only comes on
but when I power both high and low connections the low comes on and the high
comes on dim

what I want is when the high beams come on for both high and low to turn on
fully

is the high beam connection on the low beam necessary or can I just leave it
with no connection?
and then just control then low realy with both the high and low signals from
the switch

man this relaying thing turned out to be a little more annoying than I
thought

thanks