Re: 1.8l conversions.

--- Julie Macfarlane <juliemac@telenet.net> wrote:
> I have the Jetta I bought, and the motor seems good &
> strong. I could
> possibly get 600-700 dollars for it, but would love the
> 1.8 in place if the
> 1.6 in my rocco. Decisions,decisions...
> Daun, still got the 1.8? Is it strong?

Why remove the engine from a perfectly good Jetta?  (Hmmm,
how cheap do you want to sell the Jetta - friend of mine
needs a CHEAP car.)

I have 3 1.8 engines sitting in the barn right now, two
from GTIs (one an A2 GTI) and the other from an 8v
Scirocco.  The Scirocco engine was strong when pulled, the
others came from John Van Vuren when I wound up with all
his old VW parts, so I can't say for sure the condition.  I
have uses for at least one, possibly two of the engines, so
there's at least one spare right now.

And why is your message dated February 2000?  :)

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Pickup
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v (2)
'88 Scirocco 16v
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening."  -Lane Wallace.