Re: 1.8l conversions.

Julie Macfarlane wrote:

> I have the Jetta I bought, and the motor seems good & strong. I could
> possibly get 600-700 dollars for it, but would love the 1.8 in place if the
> 1.6 in my rocco. Decisions,decisions...
> Daun, still got the 1.8? Is it strong?
>
> --

Don't sell it, slap it in.

I put an 84 GTI 1.8 in my 81 Scirocco when I blew a head gasket (stupid
me).

The difference (stock mind you) is very noticeable. It is mostly slap
and go- You should expect to have some fun with different vacuum lines,
smog stuff, Rad hoses needing a change to line up, replacing the motor
mounts (when would be a better time), injector seals (cheap), might
consider warming the replacement over like new lower seals, even a
rebuild of the bottom, valve job up top.

Do it,
TBerk