ICE

Now that I've *almost* got my car back.. I'm thinking about ICE.  It
currently has a mid-'80's vintage Sony CD head - it's so old that it's not
even a pullout!  And it's a MAJOR turd.  I have a Kenwood MD changer (late of
my '97 GTI VR6) that I want to put into the 'roc, so that means another
Kenwood head - which I've had GREAT luck with in the past.  Question: does
anyone know if one of the newer Kenwoods with the "MASK" flipping faceplates
will fit the 'roc?  I think they're kinda deep, and the 'roc, well, ain't.
I also plan to replace the old 2-way speakers in my doors, which have a high-
mounted tweeter, with some fresh decent ones, then possibly put a bass tube
of some kind in the back - probably a powered one as I don't really want an
external amp anywhere.  I currently have some disconnected tattered 6x9's in
the rear shelf - but they'll be gone by Monday as I have a BRAND NEW rear
shelf, in the plastic wrap, sitting in Potter's garage right now!

Any advice most appreciated.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA