Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 11:46 PM
Subject: puddle jumping...

hey everyone!  tonight i was driving in the rain, and the wierdest thing happened.  i drove through a puddle (about 3in deep) with the right side of my car, and all of a sudden my low batt light came on, and a belt started to squeel.  i haven't had the time yet to check and see if my alternator belt is going or not.   also when my car is cold, i hear a squeek, squeek comming form under the hood. i tried to race it one day, and it seems like a belt, but when the car warms up it goes away.  could these 2 things be related?  BTW, i have an 88 16v.

thanx
corey